Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 2.5 – 3 hours Surely one of the most
Juicy rib-eye steak, thinly sliced and served with a rich red wine reduction, infused with rosemary.
- 600g-700g beef rib eye
- Extra virgin olive oil
To make the red wine reduction
- 1/2 litre good red wine
- a sprig of fresh rosemary
- 3/4 bay leaves
- half a red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp honey
- Rosa tomatoes
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- To make the reduction, bring to the boil, wine, herbs and red onion in a saucepan.
- Add honey.
- Cook until 3/4 tablespoons of liquid remain (after straining).
- Coat the steaks in olive oil and cook to your preference (rare, medium rare or well done).
- Cut steak into 3cm thick slices and place on a bed of rocket.
- Drizzle the wine reduction on top and garnish with grated parmesan and sliced tomatoes.