Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 2.5 – 3 hours Surely one of the most
The Ultimate Gourmet Bacon and Cheeseburger
A home-made beef patty smothered in cheese and topped with generous slices of bacon.
- 1 onion
- 8 slices SPAR Back Bacon
- 800g beef mince
- SPAR Olive Oil
- 4 seeded burger buns
- 4 slices of SPAR Marksbury Select Cheddar Cheese
- Lettuce, tomato and your choice of sauce to serve.
- Fry an onion, finely chopped, and cool.
- Grill 8 slices of SPAR Back Bacon.
- Mix the onion with 800g beef mince. Season and divide into 4 burgers, 2cm thick.
- Baste with SPAR Olive Oil and cook under a very hot grill for 3 minutes each side.
- Toast four seeded buns on cut side only.
- Put a burger patty in each bun, top with a slice of SPAR Marksbury Select Cheddar cheese, then the bacon.
- Serve with a salad garnish and tomato sauce or mayonnaise.