Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 2.5 – 3 hours Surely one of the most
Thai Beef Salad Supper
Tender grilled steak, with a coconut-cream sauce, form the basis of a stylish, deliciously light salad supper.
- +- 450 g ostrich fillet steaks or SPAR Tender & Tasty rump steaks
- +- 15 ml garlic-flavoured olive oil
- SPAR Freshline salad spring onions, chopped, or
- ¼ medium red onion, in paper-thin slices
- 1 pack SPAR Freshline baby salad or mixed lettuce leaves
- 2 handfuls raw peanuts
For the sauce
- ½ can SPAR coconut cream
- 1 cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 50 ml SPAR sweet chilli sauce
- 50 ml chopped fresh dhania
- Arrange the salad leaves and onion rings onto 4 dinner plates.
- In a pre-heated pan, shake the peanuts over the heat to roast them lightly. Tip them out onto a plate to cool.
- Rub each steak with garlic-flavoured olive oil, then pan-grill them, turning over only once, until medium-rare. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Set aside while you heat the sauce ingredients together. Slice the steaks thinly and place the slices into the warm sauce.
- Portion off the slices with sauce onto each salad portion.
- Drizzle any remaining sauce over, and serve immediately, with the nuts scattered over as a topping.
Hints and Tips
Always use tongs when turning steak; never spike with a fork.
This prevents juices escaping and ensures a succulent steak.
Using an electric carving knife to slice the steaks ensures neat uniform slices.
You may like to chop the peanuts.
SPAR roasted salted cashew nuts can be used in place of the peanuts