Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 2.5 – 3 hours Surely one of the most
Prime Rib Roast on the braai
40 – 60 minutes
Perfect for outdoor cooking SA style with loads of friends and family.
- 1 x 2 kg SPAR beef prime rib
- 60 ml SPAR barbecue spice
- 30 ml SPAR ground paprika
- 5 ml SPAR coarse salt
- 5 ml SPAR coarsely ground black pepper
- 30 ml SPAR olive oil
- 50 ml SPAR cranberry sauce
- Mix the barbecue spice, paprika, salt and pepper, olive oil and cranberry sauce together.
- Coat the rack of ribs well with the spice mix, rubbing it into the meat.
- Place the roasting rack in the middle of a prepared kettle braai then place the rack of ribs on it. Close the lid of your braai and leave to cook. (Cooking time depends on the size / weight of the ribs but should take 40 – 60 minutes).
- Cook the meat as required for personal taste.
- Serve with a fresh garden salad.
Hints and Tips
: If you cannot find this cut of beef on the butchery shelves, ask your SPAR butcher to prepare it especially for you.