Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 2.5 – 3 hours Surely one of the most
Moroccan Beef Strips With Couscous
The warmth of cumin, combined with the tang of lemon rind gives this dish a distinctly North African flavour.
- 15 ml SPAR olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 10 ml ground cumin
- 5 ml lemon rind, finely grated
- 410 g can SPAR diced tomatoes
- 750 g TENDER AND TASTY stroganoff/stir-fry beef
- 25 ml finely shredded mint leaves
- Salt to taste
- Couscous with garlic and chilli
- Cook onion in the heated oil until soft. Add cumin and lemon rind and cook until fragrant. Stir in the tomatoes – simmer for 5 minutes.
- Prepare couscous in the meantime according to the easy on-pack directions.
- In a separate oiled pan, briefly stir-fry the meat in batches, on high heat until browned and tender.
- Add to the tomato mixture with the mint and salt to taste, and reheat briefly. Check seasoning and serve immediately.
Hints and Tips
Try chicken fillet strips for a change from the beef