Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 2.5 – 3 hours Surely one of the most
Fruity Beef Pot Roast
A wonderful, one pot dish that can be slowly simmered on a weekend afternoon, while you do chores or watch a movie. The delicious scent will greet you on your return.
- 1,5 kg topside or aitchbone beef roast
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 30 g SPAR margarine
- 125 ml water
- 200 ml can tomato juice
- 2 medium onions
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 15 ml Worcester sauce
- 10 ml brown sugar
- Pinch paprika
- 2 ml mustard
- 50 ml SPAR tomato sauce
- 125 ml SPAR peach&pear fruit juice
- 45 ml corn flour
- 410 g can SPAR peaches – halves or sliced, drained
- 410 g can SPAR pear halves, drained
1. Rub meat with salt and pepper. Brown on all sides in a large pot with heated margarine in.
2. Pour on water, tomato juice, onions and garlic. Cover and cook over low heat for 2 hours.
3. Combine remaining ingredients and add into pot, stirring until thickened. Simmer a further hour until meat is tender.
4. Add in both drained fruits and reheat.
Hints and Tips
Carve the meat across the grain to ensure a tender result for eating. These beef roast joints in particular, can make for a lot of chewing if you do not take this precaution!