Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 1 3/4 hour Tender chicken, baby potatoes and seasonal
Working Girl Chicken
10 minutes (excl day marinade time)
This lemon and herb chicken recipe can be prepared in the morning before work and simply tossed in the oven in the evening as you relax with your favourite beverage.
- 4 chicken breast fillets (+- 400g)
- 200 ml SPAR Lemon and Herb chicken marinade
- 600 g SPAR Freshline Ready To Roast Traditional Vegetable Mix
- In the morning before leaving for work, pour the marinade over the chicken pieces placed in a shallow dish (not plastic). Cover and refrigerate.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200ºC. Follow the on-pack instructions for preparing for roasting.
- After 25 minutes roasting time, turn the vegetables, then nestle the chicken fillets and marinade in amongst them. Continue baking for 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle fresh chopped dhania on top and serve immediately.
Hints and Tips
The microwave on-pack roasting instructions will save you even more time after the initial roasting time but to ensure the chicken is sufficiently cooked in the remaining time, it would be best to use chicken fillet strips.
RECOMMENDED ACCOMPANIMENTS: SPAR Freshline mini foccacia to mop up juices/marinade. Warm them in the same oven, alongside the foil dish, close to serving time.
RECOMMENDED WINE: your favourite white wine