Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 1 3/4 hour Tender chicken, baby potatoes and seasonal
Baked Chicken with Cream Cheese dipping Sauce
Crispy coated chicken served with a creamy, cheesy dip.
- 2kg SPAR IQF Chicken, defrosted
- 2 SPAR Chicken Stock Cubes
- 2 L water
- 1 cup (250 ml) SPAR Cake Flour
- 2 SPAR Eggs, beaten
- 2 cups (500 ml) SPAR Cornflakes
- SPAR Frozen Oven Chips
Cream Cheese Dipping Sauce
- 175 g SPAR Traditional Cream Cheese
- ¼ cup (60 ml) SPAR Chutney
- 30 ml chopped coriander
- Par cook the chicken pieces in boiling water and stock cubes for 10 minutes.
- Place the Cornflakes in a clean plastic bag, and bash lightly with a rolling pin or something heavy, until crumbs form.
- Season the flour with salt and pepper and coat the chicken. Dust off any excess flour. Dip the chicken into egg and then roll in cornflake crumbs to coat.
- Bake chicken in oven at 180C for 25 – 30 minutes or until crispy and cooked through.
- To make the dipping sauce, mix all ingredients together and chill in fridge.
Hints and Tips
Serve with SPAR Oven Chips.