Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 1 3/4 hour Tender chicken, baby potatoes and seasonal
Sweet n Sticky Honey Mustard Chicken
10 minutes (plus overnight marinading)
Chicken thighs marinated in a sticky, sweet honey and mustard mix and then grilled to perfection. Serve with some fresh, grilled mielies and an avocado salad for a fantastic and budget-beating braai evening.
- +- 750 g deboned, skinless chicken thighs
- 200 ml can ginger ale
- 25 ml SPAR Apricot Jam
- 15 ml SPAR Mustard Sauce
- 5 ml chicken or barbeque spice
- 5 ml dried parsley
- 15 ml SPAR Honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chicken thighs in a single layer in a shallow container.
- In a bowl combine the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken to completely submerge the pieces. Cover and chill overnight.
- Braai over moderate coals, turning often and basting with the marinade.
Hints and Tips
No reason not to swop with chicken breast fillets, but then best to slash the meat before marinating, to encourage maximum flavour is achieved.