Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 1 3/4 hour Tender chicken, baby potatoes and seasonal
Three Ways with Chicken Wings
These versatile and tasty snacks are welcome from cocktail parties to braais. Try these three easy but different ways of serving them.
Ingredients(8-10 as a snack)
- 3 x trays of SPAR chicken wings each containing 8 – 10 wings
- 250ml SPAR Spare Rib Marinade
- 45ml freshly chopped Rosemary or 15 ml Dried Rosemary
Dry Rub Peri Peri
- 10 -15ml SPAR olive oil
- 45ml sesame seeds
- 20ml paprika
- 3 – 5ml peri peri or chilli spice
- 30ml SPAR chicken spice
- 250ml SPAR low fat plain yoghurt
- 60ml SPAR each fruit chutney
- 5ml turmeric
- 15ml curry powder
- SPAR Freshline fresh curry leaves or dhania, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Combine the spare rib marinade and rosemary. Place the first set of wings in it to marinade.
- Take the second tray of wings and rub with oil. Combine the sesame seeds, paprika, chilli powder and chicken spice. Rub the spice over the chicken.
- Combine all the ingredients for the fragrant curry wings. Mix well and then add the wings.
- Place the prepared wings on a greased baking tray and oven bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until cooked through.
Hints and Tips
These chicken wings are also great cooked on the braai.