Take a pack of chicken breast fillet strips, and turn them into a delicious one pan meal for your family tonight!
Ingredients(Serves: 2 adults and 2 children)
- +-450 g chicken fillet strips
- 1/3 each colour SPAR Freshline rainbow peppers, slivered thinly
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped or crushed
- 125 ml SPAR fresh cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 10 SPAR Freshline cherry tomatoes, left whole or cut in half
- 6-8 fresh basil leaves, torn or slivered
- finely grated rind of a SPAR Freshline lemon
- In a pan, fry the chicken, peppers, onion and garlic together in a little olive oil over medium-high heat, tossing continuously until tender and lightly browned.
- Stir in the cream, basil and lemon rind and lastly the tomatoes.
- Simmer gently for 5 minutes with the pan lid on.
- Check seasoning and serve immediately. Serve with cooked SPAR chicken or mushroom flavoured instant noodles tossed in, or served separately.
Hints and Tips
This recipe can be successfully doubled for a larger family, without any method adjustments.
For a change, substitute the cream and peri-peri powder for hot chicken stock and several squeezes of peri-peri squeeze-sauce. At serving time, stir in chopped fresh dhania and 125 ml SPAR plain yoghurt off the stove. Stir in half a jar of SPAR garlic-stuffed olives. [ ... ]