Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 1 3/4 hour Tender chicken, baby potatoes and seasonal
A rich and spicy chicken curry that’s always a favourite. A great choice for an informal dinner party.
- +- 1.2 Kg chicken Braai pack
- 2 medium onions thinly sliced
- 100g butter
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 10 ml garam masala
- 10 ml coriander powder
- 10 ml chilli powder
- 20 ml fresh minced ginger and garlic mix
- 10 ml salt or to taste
- 3 cardamom pods
- generous grinding of black pepper
- 100 ml plain yoghurt
- 40 ml tomato paste
- 150 ml milk
- 3 curry leaves
- 250 ml fresh cream
- 15 ml corn flour
- Heat the butter and oil in a large pot and brown the chicken pieces a few at a time to brown lightly all over.
- Remove chicken from pot and set aside.
- In remaining fat fry onions gently till soft and golden. Return chicken into pot.
- In a bowl combine all spices seasonings ginger and garlic mix with yoghurt tomato paste and milk.
- Stir into chicken and onion mixing to coat well. Add curry leaves. Simmer on low for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Mix cream and corn flour together and stir into chicken simmering for another 10-15 minutes.