Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 1 3/4 hour Tender chicken, baby potatoes and seasonal
Coronation Chicken Salad
Using a ready-barbequed chicken, this summer meal is ready in a jiffy.
- 1 large barbequed chicken from your SPAR Deli counter
- 100 ml golden sultanas
- 1 large mango, cubed
- 160 ml SPAR Smooth Mayonnaise
- 5 ml curry powder
- 25 ml SPAR Mango Chutney
- 5 ml lemon juice
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 80 g SPAR Roasted and Salted Cashews
- Tear the chicken meat away from the carcass and cube it into a bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients and gently combine.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill until required.
Hints and Tips
- If you prefer using chicken breast fillets for this recipe, simply poach them in lightly salted boiling water for 20 minutes. Drain, cool, and cube.
- An easy way to cube a mango is to slice off both halves either side of the central pip. Cut deep, even distance lines in both directions into the flesh of each half. Then invert the skin so the cubes are pushed upwards and out, easy to just slide a knife under and pop off.
- Canned peaches can be substituted for mango when no longer seasonal