Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 1 3/4 hour Tender chicken, baby potatoes and seasonal
Cheese and Honey Mustard Chicken
Impress your family and friends with this chef-style dish that is actually really simple to make and delicious to eat!
- 4 SPAR Chicken Breasts boneless and skinless
- 125 ml SPAR Mozzarella Cheese grated
- 125 ml SPAR Cheddar Cheese grated
- 5 ml Mixed Dried herbs
- 15 ml SPAR Wholegrain Mustard
- 15 ml SPAR honey
- A few SPAR Freshline Baby Spinach Leaves
- 1 packet (200g) SPAR Butcher’s Best Streaky bacon
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 °C
- Cut a slit into the side of each chicken breast (not the whole way through) and place on a baking tray
- In a bowl, mix the cheeses, mixed herbs, mustard and honey together.
- Line the slit in the chicken with a few baby spinach leaves and then place a quarter of the stuffing mix into each one or the 4 breasts.
- Wrap the bacon around the chicken breasts. (If you don’t want to use bacon to wrap around the chicken, brush it with a little oil on the outside and use a toothpick to keep the filling from coming out)
- Roast for 20 -25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve sliced with a fresh garden salad.
Hints and Tips
Experiment with different fillings. You could use our SPAR cold meat smoked ham to line the chicken instead of the spinach leaves.