Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 1 3/4 hour Tender chicken, baby potatoes and seasonal
Coriander & Coconut Chicken
5 minutes plus 4 – 5 hours standing
45 minutes. Try this delicious, quick and easy dish that is impressive, yet won’t break the budget.
- 8 – 10 SPAR chicken breast fillets on bone
- 125 ml SPAR sweet chilli sauce
- 125 ml SPAR coconut milk
- 30 ml SPAR lemon juice
- 10 ml SPAR soy sauce
- 65 ml SPAR Freshline coriander leaves, chopped
- 125 ml SPAR cashews, chopped (optional)
- Place the chicken pieces in an ovenproof dish. Mix all ingredients together, excluding the cashews. Leave for 4 – 5 hours to marinade.
- Preheat the oven to 180
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes until chicken is cooked through. Alternatively, braai over hot coals, turning and basting occasionally.
- Serve with SPAR rice and sprinkle with chopped cashews if desired.
Hints and Tips
Purchasing meat and chicken on the bone is usually cheaper. The skin and bone adds flavour to the chicken while cooking and helps to keep it moist.
This dish is also delicious served with SPAR basmati rice.