Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Get the kids involved in preparing this
Even quicker than ordering take-out or baking from frozen. This quick and easy meal can be assembled by kids using a choice of their favourite fillings – great when you have fussy eaters visiting!
Ingredients(Serves: 6 per pack pitabreads)
- SPAR Freshline white pita breads
- ½ can SPAR tomato and onion mix
- 125g SPAR grated mozzarella cheese
- 125g SPAR grated cheddar cheese
- 125g SPAR diced bacon
- 10 ml Italian herbs
- SPAR Good Living stainless steel sandwich press
1. Microwave the Pita breads for 20 seconds each to puff up for easier cutting open
2. Combine all of the other ingredients and season with 10ml Italian dried herbs.
3. Spoon into each pita bread cavity, and grill until browned and crisp in pre-heated:
Hints and Tips
If you want to include olives, do not use whole black olives as they are bulky and may split the pita bread, and the pips may come as a shock as they are hidden inside!
Bacon can be substituted for mince, salami, ham, pepper strips or whatever your favourite pizza filling flavour is!