Prep Time: 4 hrs to marinade Cook Time: 20 minutes Surprise your family with this
Spaghetti and meatballs
Get the kids involved in preparing this easy meal with you. It’s a great way to enjoy the holidays together.
- 300g SPAR spaghetti
- 500g SPAR Lean beef mince
- 10ml SPAR Barbecue Spice
- 15 ml freshly chopped parsley
- 1 SPAR Freshline onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
For the sauce
- 30 ml SPAR sunflower oil
- 1 SPAR Freshline onion, chopped
- 2 SPAR Freshline garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 SPAR Freshline red pepper chopped
- 1 x 410 g tin SPAR diced tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 180 c.
- Mix beef mince, barbecue spice, parsley, onion and egg together. Roll into golf ball size balls and arrange in a greased casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 10 minutes.
- In a saucepan heat the oil and fry the onions, garlic and peppers until soft. Add the tomatoes and seasoning and bring to the boil.
- Pour the hot sauce over the meatballs. Cover with a lid or foil and return to the oven for 20 minutes.
- While the meatballs are cooking. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add the spaghetti and cook for about 10 minutes or until soft but still firm. Drain
Hints and Tips
You could serve the meatballs with SPAR brown basmati rice instead of spaghetti.