Recipe Ingredients 250g SPAR Full Fat Margarine, at room temperature 250 ml SPAR Castor Sugar
Ginger Bread Family
This recipe is easy and lots of fun. Use dried fruit, nuts and seeds to decorate the biscuits.
- Prep Time: 25 mins Cook Time: 15 mins
- Makes: 10 – 16
- 50g SPAR Choice Butter
- 60 ml Soft Brown Sugar
- 1 SPAR Egg
- 30 ml SPAR Syrup
- 160 ml SPAR Wheat Cake Flour
- 80 ml SPAR Brown Bread Flour
- 2 ml Ground Ginger
- A Few Blocks of Chocolate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cream the butter and sugar in a bowl until smooth. Stir in the egg and syrup. Add the sifted flours and ginger and mix to a firm biscuit dough.
- Roll the dough out on a floured work surface. Cut out Gingerbread shapes using a gingerbread cutter. Place the biscuits on a greased baking tray.
- Press various seeds, raisins and glace cherries into the biscuits to make faces and clothing.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden
For the Gingerbread Hair:
- Arrange the cooled biscuits on baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave. Place the melted chocolate in a plastic sandwich bag, pushing it to one corner. Be careful, it may be hot. Snip the end with scissors and drizzle the chocolate to make crazy hair styles. Carefully lift off the paper when the chocolate has set.