Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Get the kids involved in preparing this
Sticky Chicken Wings
An informal, tasty, hands only meal which your kids and your budget will enjoy!
- 16 -18 chicken wings or 8 drumsticks, or combination of both
- salt to flavour
- 100ml SPAR sweet chilli sauce
- 15ml SPAR soya sauce
- 20ml SPAR smooth apricot jam
- 5ml Hot English mustard
- 1ml bottled dried Italian herbs
- 100ml SPAR Nectarine fruit juice blend
- Place the chicken wings in a shallow oven dish, season with salt, and then grill them for +-5 minutes until attractively browned. Reduce the oven temperature to 160ºC.
- Warm the remaining ingredients together in a pot, or in a jug in the microwave oven. Pour onto the wings to coat them completely.
- Bake for 20 minutes, turning them over regularly in the marinade.
Hints and Tips
Line the oven dish with a sheet of foil, to make washing up easier later on. The sticky sauce can be difficult to clean if it is allowed to over-bake and burn on the dish.