Prep Time: 25 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Get the kids involved in preparing this
Cheesy Mini Meatballs
Spaghetti and meatballs is a firm favourite with kids. These mini meatballs are easy to eat, contain extra fibre and the kids can have fun helping to make them.
- ½ small onion (30 ml)
- ½ small Granny Smith apple, peeled
- 50 ml SPAR grated cheddar cheese – optional
- 225 g chicken or lean beef mince
- 45 ml SPAR Bran Flakes, crushed
- 1 ml salt
- Set oven at 200 °C
- Grate the onion, apple and cheese into a mixing bowl.
- Mix in the mince, bran flakes and salt using your hands.
- Roll 10 marble-size balls.
- Bake packed close together, in an ovenproof dish for 15 minutes.
- Toss into your favourite flavour of cooked SPAR instant noodles and enjoy!
Hints and Tips
- To use this recipe for mini-burgers instead, flatten each rolled meatball into a patty-pan before baking. Cut bread rounds with a cookie cutter if you do not have cocktail bread rolls handy.
- Add leftover meatballs into your lunchbox the next day.
- By adding apple for moisture, and bran flakes for fibre, meatballs take on a new nutritional high.