Prep Time: 2 hours Cook Time: 1 hour A beautiful pork dish for a special
Sesame Crusted Pork with Ginger Mash
Simple, delicious, different. A great summer supper!
- 4 SPAR pork cutlets
- 125 ml sesame seeds
- 15 ml paprika
- SPAR cooking oil
- 800g SPAR Freshline sweet potato
- 30 ml SPAR Freshline ginger, crushed
- 45 g SPAR butter
- 15 ml SPAR honey
- SPAR milk (either full cream or low fat)
- 45 ml Fresh coriander, chopped
- Combine the sesame seeds and paprika.
- Press the pork cutlets into the sesame seeds, coating each side.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and fry the chops for 2 – 3 minutes on each side or until cooked through, depending on thickness.
- To make the mash: Place the sweet potato and ginger in a saucepan of water. Bring to the boil and cook for 10 -15 minutes or until potato is tender. Drain.
- Mash the potato with butter, honey and a drop of milk.
- Stir in the fresh coriander and serve with the chops.
Hints and Tips
: We used orange sweet potato for this recipe.