Prep Time: 2 hours Cook Time: 1 hour A beautiful pork dish for a special
Pork chops with parsley Gremolata and roasted Fennel
Grilled pork chops served with apple puree and a dollop of fresh parsley, garlic and lemon to really bring out the flavour of the meat.
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 cloves
- ¼ nob nutmeg, grated
- 2 baby fennel, whole
- 2 free-range pork chops, roughly 200g each
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 50g flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove (optional), finely grated
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 100g watercress
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Put the chopped apple in a roasting dish, add the cloves, nutmeg, fennel, and a dash of olive oil. Season then roast for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the warm roasted apple to a food blender. Add a little water and blend to a smooth puree. Set aside along with the fennel.
- Turn on the oven grill. Season the pork chops.
- Grill for 10 minutes, checking occasionally.
- Meanwhile make the gremolata by mixing together the olive oil, chopped parsley, lemon zest, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Once the pork is cooked, in a separate bowl toss the watercress and fennel together. Serve the chops with dollops of fresh gremolata and apple puree.