Prep Time: 2 hours Cook Time: 1 hour A beautiful pork dish for a special
Pork Stir Fry
Serve this versatile pork stir-fry with brown basmati rice as a main course, or enjoy it as a delicious lunch-time wrap filler.
- 5ml SPAR olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced into thin half- rings
- 5ml fresh garlic and ginger mix
- 500g SPAR Tender and Tasty pork stir-fry strips
- 250g sliced button mushrooms
- 30ml SPAR honey
- 30ml SPAR lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 50g pack SPAR Freshline rocket
- 1 large avocado, peeled and sliced or cubed
- ½ small pineapple, peeled and finely cubed
- In a SPAR Good Living non-stick pan, coated with cooking spray, sauté the onion in the olive oil until tender.
- Add the garlic and ginger mix, and cook briefly before adding the pork strips and stir-frying them.
- Add in the mushrooms and cook until tender. Stir in the honey and lemon juice.
- Check for seasoning, using salt sparingly.
- Serve either on a bed of cooked SPAR basmati rice, or divide between and roll into warmed, 8 SPAR Freshline brown wraps, using the accompaniment ingredients inside too, or as a side-salad.
Hints and Tips
Chicken breast stir-fry strips may be substituted for the pork.
Using stir-fry ingredients that are high in moisture, help in reducing the amount of fat required for successful stir-frying.
The honey and lemon juice may be substituted with 60 ml SPAR pineapple chutney.
|Typical Nutritional Information (ready-to-eat)||Per 100g||Per Serving (375g)|
|Total protein (g)||9.6||36|
|Total fat (g)||3||11.3|
|of which: Saturated fat (g)||1.24||4.7|
|Trans fat (g)||0||0|
|Mono-unsaturated fat (g)||2.23||8.4|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.45||1.7|
|Dietary fibre (g)||1.3||4.9|
|Total sodium (mg)||68||255|