Prep Time: 2 hours Cook Time: 1 hour A beautiful pork dish for a special
A healthy and colourful dish that uses lean pork strips and low fat cottage cheese.
- 25 ml SPAR Olive Oil
- pack of 3 SPAR Freshline rainbow peppers, deseeded and finely slivered
- 3 SPAR Freshline celery stalks, sliced
- 385 g lean pork steak, cut into strips or cubes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 50 ml SPAR tomato sauce
- 200 g SPAR Freshline mini plum tomatoes, halved
- good pinch bicarbonate of soda
- 15 ml corn flour
- 100 ml tap water
- 1 tub SPAR low fat Garlic & Herb smooth cottage cheese (250 g)
- In a non-stick frying pan, sauté the peppers and celery in the heated olive oil, shaking the pan periodically, until the vegetables are just tender and cooked, but still bright in colour. Using a slotted spoon, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Toss the pork strips together on fairly high heat in the same pan until browned all over and cooked through. Season lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Add the tomato sauce, tomatoes and the cooked sweet pepper mix. Cover with a pan lid and cook on low for 5 minutes. Stir in the bicarb and wait until foam subsides before continuing.
- Combine the corn flour and water in a bowl, then pour into the pork mixture, stirring over low heat until the sauce thickens and briefly comes to the boil. Remove the pan from the stove.
- Stir in the cottage cheese off the heat, and serve immediately.
Hints and Tips
- For a richer version, perfect for entertaining, swop the cottage cheese for a 175 g tub of SPAR Sweet Chilli Flavoured or Garlic&Chives low fat cream cheese. (unless you are following a specific diet for weight loss or cholesterol reduction)
- SPAR black Mission or Calamata Style olives may be scattered over just before serving
- Substitute the pork for lean beef or chicken breast fillet strips.
|Typical Nutritional Information (ready-to-eat)||Per 100g||Per serving (250g)|
|Total protein (g)||14.4||36|
|Total fat (g)||3.1||6.2|
|of which: Saturated fats (g)||0.61||1.53|
|Trans fat (g)||0||0|
|Mono-unsaturated fat (g)||1.31||3.28|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.2||0.5|
|Total Dietary Fibre (g)||0.6||1.5|
|Total Sodium (mg)||105||263|