Prep Time: 2 hours Cook Time: 1 hour A beautiful pork dish for a special
Chakalaka Pork Sausages
A colourful, spicy and satisfying sausage dish that will become a family favourite.
- 410g SPAR Chakalaka Mild & Spicy
- 50ml Sunflower Oil
- 375g SPAR Pork Sausages Chilli
- 200g Onions
- 50g Green Bell Peppers
- 50g Red Bell Peppers
- 350ml Water
- Defrost the Pork Sausages and cook according to the packet instructions.
- Set aside to cool and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Peel and finely chop the onions. Heat the oil in a large pot, fry the onions until soft and transparent.
- De-core and finely slice the green and red pepper into thin slices.
- Add the peppers to the pot and fry for approximately 2 minutes. Don’t lose the colour.
- Add the Chakalaka. Add half the water (175ml) and bring to the boil.
- Gradually add the remaining water. Reduce the heat and simmer for approximately 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the cooked sausages to the chakalaka sauce, mix through.
- Serve with rice, mash or pap.