Prep Time: 2 hours Cook Time: 1 hour A beautiful pork dish for a special
Crumbed Pork Fillet with Couscous Salad
Whether for entertaining or a special occasion, pork can be relied upon to provide a lean and tasty meal, especially if combined with interesting ingredients to liven it up.
- 10ml dried sage
- 5ml chicken or braai meat spice
- 125ml fine bread crumbs (62g)
- 500g SPAR Tender and Tasty pork fillet
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 medium onions, sliced into rings
- 10ml SPAR sunflower oil
- 440g can SPAR pineapple pieces, drained
- 1 sachet liquid concentrate vegetable stock, stirred into 250ml boiling water
- 125ml quick-cook couscous (250ml cooked couscous)
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g SPAR pumpkin seeds
- 100g SPAR cashew nuts – plain, unsalted
- 150g pouch SPAR Freshline Mediterranean veg for two
- SPAR Olive Oil
- Pre heat oven to 200°C.
- Combine sage, meat spice and breadcrumbs in a shallow oven dish.
- Rub garlic over the pork fillet and roll into the bread crumbs, putting on firmly to coat well. Leave in shallow dish.
- Place the vegetable mix into a separate a separate oven dish. Drizzle lightly with SPAR olive oil.
- Place pork and vegetable dishes into the oven, together, for 25minutes. Remove only the vegetables from the oven after this time, then allow the pork a further 15minutes to complete cooking.
- Meanwhile sauté onion in heated oil until tender. Add in the drained pineapple pieces and simmer gently over low heat for ± 15 minutes to caramelise.
- Meanwhile, pour the hot stock over the couscous in a medium bowl. Cover with cling-film and set aside for 15 minutes. Toss in the roasted vegetables, seeds and nuts.
- Slice the pork into 4 portions, and serve on the couscous with a generous serving of the caramelised onion-pineapple.
Hints and Tips
Typical Nutritional Information (ready-to-eat)
|Total protein (g)||10.1||47.5|
|Total fat (g)||3||14.1|
|of which: Saturated Fat (g)||1.14||5.4|
|Trans Fat (g)||0||0|
|Mono-unsaturated Fat (g)||2.37||11.14|
|Polyunsaturated Fat (g)||2.05||9.64|
|Dietary fibre (g)||2.5||11.75|
|Total Sodium (mg)||99||465.3|