This can be served as a vegetarian meal by itself or used as a braai side dish. The fruity flavour makes a great accompaniment to pork.
Ingredients(Serves: 6 - 8)
- 25 ml SPAR olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 200 g sliced button mushrooms
- 30 dried apricots, chopped
- +-750 ml pasta rice, brown rice, SPAR Brown Basmati or
- SPAR white parboiled rice (cooked measure)
- 2 jam tomatoes, finely chopped
- 150 g peanut and raisin mix
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
1. In a shallow frying pan heat the oil and sauté the onion, celery and green pepper together until just tender.
2. Add the mushrooms and apricots, and cook gently for 5 minutes.
3. Toss in the cooked drained rice, tomato and peanut raisin mix. Season to taste and cook gently until heated through. [ ... ]