Prep Time: 10 minutes A simple salad that’s packed with flavours. Chunks of creamy brie,
Paprika Paneer with Spinach and Chickpea Curry
A hearty vegetarian curry, packed with protein and flavour.
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 red chillies, seeds
- removed and finely diced
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 500g spinach, stems removed
- ¼ cup cream, optional
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 block tofu, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 tin chickpeas
- ½ cup yoghurt
- Saffron rice
- Crispy shallots
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large pot and sauté onions, garlic, ginger, spices and chillies until soft, for about 6 minutes.
- Add the stock and spinach and toss to wilt, then cover with a lid on for 3 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and blitz until the desired consistency, you may need to add more stock. Season to taste. You can add ¼ cup of cream and blend further for a smoother texture.
- In a frying pan heat the remaining oil. Mix the flour and paprika, then coat the tofu cubes. Fry on all sides until lightly golden, drain on kitchen paper.
- Place the spinach curry in a bowl and stir in the chickpeas, scatter with paprika tofu and top with a dollop of yoghurt.
- Serve with yellow saffron rice and fried sliced shallots.