Prep Time: 10 minutes A simple salad that’s packed with flavours. Chunks of creamy brie,
Grilled butternut stuffed with feta, bacon and vegetables and topped with bubbly mozzarella. Omit the bacon for a vegetarian option.
Ingredients( Serves 4 )
- 2 small even size butternuts
- 250 g SPAR frozen mixed vegetables, cooked
- 1 round SPAR feta cheese, finely cubed
- 100 g SPAR chopped bacon
- 50 g SPAR grated mozzarella (125 ml)
- Using a fork, deeply prick each butternut a few times. Boil in lightly salted water until a sharp knife inserted is easily removed. Preheat oven to Grill setting with the oven-shelf one above centre position. (If serving this meal with a garlic bread, place the foil parcel on the lower oven shelf, early during this oven-heating-time only, to make efficient use of electricity.)
- Meanwhile, place the bacon on a plate and cover with paper-towel. Microwave on 100% Power for 2 minutes.
- Cut the butternut in half lengthwise, and scoop out the pips. Lie the halves on an oven dish, with each cavity facing upward.
- Combine the cooked vegetables, feta cheese and bacon. Spoon the mixture in each butternut cavity and sprinkle mozzarella cheese over.
- Grill until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.