Prep Time: 10 minutes A simple salad that’s packed with flavours. Chunks of creamy brie,
Greek Brinjal Burgers
These moist vegetable burger patties are a delicious and economical option for a hearty vegetarian meal.
- 1 small onion, finely chopped or grated
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 large brinjal, peeled and grated (+- 290g)
- 180 ml cooked savoury rice (leftover)
- 1 large SPAR egg, lightly beaten
- 125 ml SPAR grated cheddar cheese
- 45 ml SPAR cake flour
- 5 ml Italian dried herbs
- 5 ml salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- SPAR Freshline burger buns
- bottled tomato pasta sauce, flavour of choice eg. roasted vegetable,
- tub of SPAR Greek style Tsatsiki flavoured dip
- Preheat oven to 190 ºC. Grease a medium shallow oven dish.
- Gently fry the onion and garlic in a SPAR Good Living non-stick frying pan. Add the brinjal immediately after grating it, and stir-fry lightly. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Divide the mixture into 4 equal amounts, directly onto the prepared oven dish. Use a spoon to gently shape them into rounds. Brush lightly with SPAR olive oil or coat with olive oil spray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Hints and Tips
The savoury rice may be substituted with day-old breadcrumbs, but the result will not be as delicious.
|Typical Nutritional Information (ready-to-eat)||Per 100g||Per Serving (210g)|
|Total protein (g)||5||10.5|
|Total fat (g)||3||6.3|
|of which: Saturated fat (g)||1.29||2.7|
|Trans fat (g)||0||0|
|Mono-unsaturated fat (g)||0.76||1.6|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.41||0.86|
|Dietary fibre (g)||3||6.3|
|Total Sodium (mg)||274||575.4|