Prep Time: 10 minutes A simple salad that’s packed with flavours. Chunks of creamy brie,
Thai Potato Curry
A coconut milk based curry with chillies and dhania. This really does satisfy a hearty appetite. Peanuts increase the protein content, making it an excellent vegetarian dish.
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 30ml hot curry powder
- 2 green chillies, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 can SPAR coconut milk
- 15ml SPAR white sugar
- 1 kg SPAR Freshline baby potatoes, rinsed and halved – DO NOT PEEL
- 20ml SPAR lemon juice
- 6 spring onions, chopped with some of the green tops
- 1 bunch fresh dhania, chopped
- salt to taste
- 60ml salted cocktail peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Gently fry the onion slices in heated oil.
- Stir in the curry powder and chilli and cook lightly. Pour on the coconut milk and sugar and bring to the boil.
- Add in the potatoes, cover and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the lemon juice, spring onions and dhania, and set aside off the heat with the pot lid on for 5 minutes for the flavours to infuse.
- Sprinkle the peanuts on top, and serve with freshly cooked fluffy white rice.
Hints and Tips
Use soft-cooking BP1 or Mondeor potato cultivars in place of new potatoes, but rather peel them.