Prep Time: 10 minutes A simple salad that’s packed with flavours. Chunks of creamy brie,
Greek Butterbean Casserole
Soft butterbeans flavoured with tomato, garlic and a variety of fresh herbs makes for a great vegetarian main meal or a side dish for lamb.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed, or 5 ml SPAR Garlic Puree
- 15 ml SPAR olive oil
- 2 cans SPAR butterbeans, well drained
- handful fresh oregano leaves, coarsely chopped
- handful flat Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- 3 stems fresh thyme, leaves stripped from stems
- 5 ml salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 5 ml rosemary and olive seasoning
- 1 can SPAR diced tomato
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Gently fry the onion and garlic together in the heated oil.
- Add in the remaining ingredients and combine.
- Transfer into a SPAR Good Living 1.5 litre Round Glass Casserole Dish, and cover with its lid.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
Hints and Tips
Ladle into shallow bowls and serve fresh Portuguese bread rolls for your family to tear off and use for mopping up the juices while enjoying the meal.