Prep Time: 10 minutes A simple salad that’s packed with flavours. Chunks of creamy brie,
Chick pea and Yoghurt Salad
This makes a delicious side dish for lamb or chicken and can also be served as a vegetarian main course with naan bread.
- 10ml SPAR olive oil
- 2ml coriander seeds
- 2 ml black mustard seeds
- 1 medium onion, sliced into thin half-rings
- 3 medium garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 cans SPAR chick peas, drained
- A handful of chopped fresh coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
- 250ml SPAR low fat plain yoghurt
- Heat the olive oil in a SPAR Good Living non-stick frying pan and saute the coriander seeds, black mustard seeds, onion and garlic together for 2 – 3 minutes until golden.
- Remove the pan from the stove and add the chick peas and coriander, tossing to heat through. Season to taste and pour on the yoghurt with the pan off the heat. To prevent the yoghurt curdling, do not heat further.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Hints and Tips
|Typical Nutritional Information(ready-to-eat)||Per 100g||Per Serving (200g)|
|Total protein (g)||7.1||14.2|
|Total fat (g)||3||6|
|of which: Saturated (g)||0.57||1.14|
|Trans fat (g)||0||0|
|Mono-unsaturated fat (g)||1.11||2.22|
|Polyunsaturated fat (g)||0.85||1.7|
|Dietary fibre (g)||4.5||9|
|Total Sodium (mg)||115||230|