1 1/2 hours
Tender cubed lamb, slowly simmered in a red wine and cream sauce flavoured with ratatouille and cannelini beans.
- 15 ml SPAR olive oil
- 900 g TENDER and TASTY cubed lamb
- 50 ml SPAR cake flour
- 250 ml dry red wine
- 250 ml chicken stock (prepared with 1 stock cube)
- 2-3 bay leaves
- FRESHLINE thyme
- FRESHLINE sweet basil, chopped
- FRESHLINE rosemary
- 410 g can ratatouille
- 400 g can cannellini white beans, drained
- 125 ml SPAR fresh cream
- Preheat oven to 180 ºC.
- Toss lamb and flour together to lightly coat the meat. Turn in heated oil in a pot, to brown all over. Transfer meat to the casserole dish.
- Pour on the wine, stock, all the herbs and ratatouille.
- Cover dish and cook for 1 ¼ hours until meat is very tender and the liquid is reduced.
- Remove the bay leaves and rosemary stalks Stir in the cannellini beans and cream, and reheat.
- Serve with soft polenta or tagliatelle.
Hints and Tips
The easiest way to remove the tiny thyme leaves from the stalk, is to pinch the top end and slide your fingers down the length of the stalk - the leaves will drop off easily [ ... ]