Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Delicately flavoured lamb meatballs smothered in a
Easy Lamb Pies
15 minutes (excludes thawing pastry)
Easter and roast lamb have a close association. Here is a quick and easy way to serve lamb if you don’t have the inclination to prepare a roast with all the accompaniments.
- 2 x 400 g rolls frozen puff pastry, completely thawed
- 1 box frozen SPAR Lamb Burger patties
- SPAR Mint Jelly
- Pre-heat oven to 220 °C with oven shelf in centre position. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Briefly dry pan-fry the frozen patties on each side, just to half-cook and until browned. Set aside.
- Unravel both pastry rolls and lengthen each one slightly using hands or a rolling pin.
- Cut each sheet into 3 equal broad strips.
- Position a cooled patty in the centre of each strip, topped with a good teaspoonful of mint jelly, and close the parcel securely as if you were wrapping a sandwich, tucking the side closures underneath and placing this way down onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Brush milk or beaten egg over and bake them for 20 minutes.
Hints and Tips
Remember to thaw the pastry well ahead of time, to enable you to assemble and bake the pies quickly.