The Lifestyle SUPERSPAR has implemented various safety protocols:
1. Staff health screening takes place daily whereby a digital thermometer is used to record the temperature of each and every staff member to identify any potential symptoms very early and take the necessary action to avoid any contact situations. Anyone displaying symptoms will be sent home immediately and advised to seek the necessary medical assistance.
2. The entire store, including all service areas and backup areas, are deep cleaned every week by a specialised service provider using antibacterial, food-safe chemicals accredited by the National Regulator for Compulsory Specifications.
3. A dedicated staff member sanitises the handles of all trolleys and baskets before and after every use. These also undergo regular deep cleaning.
4. Cleaning and sanitisation of countertops, surfaces and any touchpoints, such as card machines, is taking place with alcohol-based wipes or solution on a continuous basis throughout the store.
5. Alcohol-based sanitiser is available at the store entrance, service departments, all till points and other locations throughout the store.
6. Regular announcements are made over the PA system throughout the day to remind staff to wash hands for 20 seconds with soap and warm water or use hand sanitizer.
7. Demarcated floor decals are in place leading up to the tills in order to encourage and remind customers about social distancing protocol.
8. Staff have been issued with 30 days’ worth of multivitamins in an attempt to assist them in keeping their immune systems boosted.
9. We have installed sneeze screens at all our till points to protect both our staff and customers.
Our trading hours are 7am – 8pm daily which ensures that shopping is spread throughout the day.
Our regular Pensioners Day will remain every Tuesday during which all our usual precautions will be in place.
Our wine department will comply with the new government legislation and remain closed during lockdown level 3.